CS 101: Home page
Welcome to CS 101, Spring 2017!
This is the website for CS 101, Spring 2017 at York College. All information about the course will be posted here.
- How to succeed in CS 101
- Submitting labs and assignments
- Reference card [PDF]
- Design template [PDF]
- Design information
- Practice exams
- Code examples
- Apr 28 — The description of Assignment 4 has been updated to indicate that extra credit features must be the result of individual effort (not collaboration.)
- Apr 27 — Solutions to practice exam 4 have been posted on the Practice Exams page.
- Apr 25 — Exam 4 will take place in class on Thursday, May 4th. A practice exam is available on the Practice Exams page.
- Apr 25 — Some additional hints have been added to the description of Assignment 4.
- Apr 24 — The description for Assignment 4 has been updated with a suggestion for how to represent movement direction.
- Apr 19 — The Schedule has been updated. Lectures 17–20 have each been moved back one day earlier.
- Apr 17 — Assignment 4 has been posted. The design artifacts for snake_append_head() and snake_append_tail() are due at the beginning of class on Tuesday, Apr 25th. The design artifacts for snake_init() and scene_update() are due at the beginning of class on Thursday, Apr 27th, and the completed code is due on Friday, May 5th by 11:59 PM.
- Assignment 4 will require a good deal of understanding and effort - please be prepared to ask questions about the assignment during this Thursday’s class (4-20-19).
- Apr 4 — Exam 3 will take place in class on Tuesday, Apr 11th. The format is the same as Exams 1 and 2. A practice exam is available on the Practice Exams page.
- Mar 31 — The due date for Assignment 3 has been changed to Thursday, Apr 6th by 11:59 PM.
- Mar 30 — Assignment 3 has been updated to correct the description of scoring.
- Mar 29 — The description of Assignment 3 has been updated to describe how to fix a problem that prevents
make submitfrom working.
- Mar 21 — Assignment 3 has been posted. The design is due at the beginning of class on Tuesday, Mar 28th, and the code is due on Tuesday, Apr 4th by 11:59 PM.
- Mar 16 — The Schedule and Labs pages have been updated to account for the college being closed on the 14th.
- Mar 13 — Due to the snowstorm expected for tomorrow, Exam 2 will take place on Thursday, Mar 16th. We will use Tuesday, Mar 14th as a review day if the college is open.
- Mar 9 — Solutions to Spring 2016 Exam 2 are posted on the Practice Exams page. Also, the Spring 2015 Exam 2 has been posted as an additional practice exam.
- Mar 6 — Exam 2 will take place in class on Tuesday, Mar 14th. The format will be the same as Exam 1. A practice exam is available on the Practice Exams page.
- Feb 7 — Solutions to the first practice exam are available on the Practice Exams page.
- Jan 31 — Exam 1 will take place in class on Tuesday, Feb 14th. It is closed book and closed notes: however, you will have the reference card as a reference. There will be a written part and a programming part. The Practice Exams page has a practice exam.
- Jan 31 — Assignment 2 has been posted. There are two milestones; see the assignment description for deliverables and due dates.
- Jan 21 — The Schedule has been updated with suggested textbook exercises.
- Jan 19 — Assignment 1 has been posted. The design artifact is due at the beginning of class on Thursday, Jan 26th. The completed program is due Tuesday, Jan 31st by 11:59 PM.
- Jan 19 — Welcome back!