CS 365: Home page
Welcome to CS 365, Spring 2017!
This is the web page for CS 365, Spring 2017 at York College. All information about the course will be posted here.
- Recommended VNC setup
- VNC through SSH
- Practice Exams
- Code examples
- May 1 — Assignment 5 has been updated with information about the expectations for the report and presentation.
- Apr 26 — The remaining class days are work days: please come prepared to work on your project. Also: I will be accepting resubmissions of Assignment 2 Milestone 2 and Assignment 3 for 80% of full credit until the end of day on Monday, May 8th.
- Apr 25 — The due date for Assignment 4 has been extended to Friday, Apr 28th. Also, the assignment description has been updated to mention an inaccurate code comment regarding
- Apr 19 — A solution to the second practice exam has been posted on the Practice Exams page.
- Apr 19 — The description of Assignment 4 has been updated.
- Apr 10 — A second practice exam has been posted on the Practice Exams page.
- Apr 10 — Wednesday’s class will be a lab day.
- Apr 7 — Assignment 4 and Assignment 5 have been posted.
- Apr 3 — A CUDA-capable host,
bambleweeny, has been added to the cluster. Please email me if you have any issues connecting or have requests for software to be installed. Note that this machine is running Ubuntu, so programs compiled on the cluster head node may not run. (I.e., you should ssh to
bambleweenyand then do your compilation there.)
- Mar 29 — The Schedule has been updated.
- Mar 20 — Assignment 3 is due Friday, Mar 31st by 11:59 PM.
- Mar 16 — Due to the snow and the cluster downtime, the due date for Assignment 2, Milestone 2, has been extended to Tuesday, Mar 21st by 11:59 PM.
- Mar 6 — The due date for Assignment 2, Milestone 2 has been extended to Tuesday, Mar 14th. As I mentioned in class today, I will be out of town March 8–10. The activity for Wednesday, Mar 8th is to start working on Lab 8. You will need to read about condition variables.
- Feb 13 — A solution to the first practice exam has been posted on the Practice Exams page.
- Feb 13 — The description of Assignment 2 has been updated to describe how to run automated tests on the sequential version of the program.
- Feb 8 — The Schedule has been updated to add readings.
- Feb 8 — The due date for Milestone 2 of Assignment 2 has been changed. There are now two due dates: an in-person demo by Friday, Feb 24th and the actual code by Friday, Mar 10th.
- Feb 6 — Exam 1 will take place in class on Monday, Feb 20th. A practice exam is posted on the Practice Exams page.
- Jan 23 — Assignment 2 has been posted. Milestone 1 is due Thursday, Feb 2nd by 11:59 PM. Milestone 2 is due Tuesday, Feb 28th by 11:59 PM.
- Jan 18 — Assignment 1 is due Thursday, Jan 26th by 11:59 PM.
- Jan 18 — Welcome back!